CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Party On!




We hit a fun party last week at Pump-it-Up and the kids had a ball jumping on all the inflatable equipment. What is it about that place that brings out the kid in all of us? I mean, I can't wait to slide down the slide and jump around the circular jumper. And what a workout! The kids and I always have such a great time at this place. And in case you're wondering, the gentleman in the last pic is not Matt, it's a good friend of ours Ron Martere...all the boys were attacking him. Poor guy.
On another note, can I tell you how much I love living in Houston in the winter time? While both Matt and my families are shoveling out of their cold domains and bundling up to go anywhere, it is 75 degrees here and I'm sitting listening to my kids and the neighborhood kids laugh as they play hide-and-seek. The dads are sitting on my neighbor's driveway, somewhat monitoring things, having conversations about basketball and the upcoming Rodeo. I have my windows open and my house smells so fresh and clean. My neighbors over and behind us are swimming today and I can hear them splashing around in their pool as they listen to top 40 music. I'm just giddy inside. AAAHHH! As much as I am homesick in the fall and those months leading up to Christmas yearning for some cold, crisp air, it's in January-April that I just love this deep south weather. You can't beat 70 degrees in February. And to anyone who needs a winter get away, you're always welcome here.

2 comments:

Karen and Maui said...

Lisa,

Speaking of Rodeo, watch for BC's brother, Dustin Reeves. He'll be in the Bareback Competition...it's the first event. Right now, he's standing 8th in the world. It's always more fun when watching someone you know! Go Dustin!!!

Lindsay Heitz said...

Oh make us all jealous, Lisa, as I read your blog and look at the window at the 7 feet of snow piled on the sides of my driveway. 75 degrees is my kind of weather. I think we are going to move to St. George for the winter :)