CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Sweet Nothings


A future David Beckham?


Okay, long time no blog. Here are a few cute things that Andrew and Grace have said lately:

Andrew: 1. Last week while putting him to bed, the two of us were lying with the window open, staring at the dimming night sky. We were cuddling and it was silent. All the sudden he turns to me and asks about the "crafts" he makes at school. Do I throw some of them away? Honest as I am and scared perhaps he's seen me in action at the trash can, I say, "Yes, I do throw some of them away." He says, "Why?" OKAY, my heart is breaking and I want to cry. Then he says, "How do you decide which ones to throw away?" So I have these really cool portfolios that I got at Aaron Brothers and I keep most of the kids' art work in those. But I can't keep everything. I just don't have the room for it. Oh man. I explained this to him but I felt like such a bad mom.



2. I was running the other day. Grace was in the stroller and Andrew was biking. Grace had been a little whiney and was bugging Andrew. As we were finishing our last mile, I reminded Andrew to let me know when he needs a break. He told me, "Ya, I need a break." I said okay, EEEERRRR. Stop. "I need a break from Grace and her whining." I had to buckle over I was laughing so hard!






Grace: 1. She can recite almost the entire Chipmunks movie now. Her favorite saying is, "Dave likes to wear dirty underwear, dirty underwear." Oh, my polite little girl.



2. We were cuddling the other night (she loves to be spooned) and she rolls over towards me, puts her hands on both sides of my face and says, "I love you so much. I love you all the stars in the sky." OOOHHHH. This is something I usually say to her and here she was, out of the blue saying it to me. Talk about melting my heart.

2 comments:

Lindsay Heitz said...

What sweet little comments. Blogs are so great for this reason--we actually write down all these cute little things that will be so fun for them to read one day. About the crafts...have you seen the commercial where the fridge is overloaded with school projects, so the dad buys a digital picture frame and they take pictures of all the projects and give it to mom for Mothers Day. I think its the perfect solution! You did the right thing by being honest with him. I think all of those comments/stories display what a great mom you are. You are so good to your kids and always make sure you provide the best for them. I hope your Mothers Day is a great one! Love you and miss you, but I'm so grateful that you've been blogging more because it makes me feel closer to read about you and the kids and hear what they've been up to.

Angie said...

I love those comments! This is what blogs are all about. Recording those heart-melting moments AND the mishaps that are so horrible at the moment, but you can laugh about months..maybe years later. What sweet kiddos you have. I love Andrew's response while you were jogging about Grace and her whining!