CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Last day of Pre-school





Oh my gosh. I have had every intention of getting on this blog and writing an update on how we're doing but each time I look at my computer, I can't bring myself to do anything with it...except google people I know or look at other people's blogs. Nonetheless, here we are. We're ALIVE!!!

So Andrew had his last day of pre-school on May 23 and it was a bittersweet day for me. I was choked up saying goodbye to his teachers and they were teary eyed as well knowing that their students wouldn't be back next year. I had this voice in the back of my head reminding me that Grace will be there next year and so I'll see many of the faces again. But still, it's hard knowing that this small part of Andrew's life is behind us now. We're faced with "real"school, homework, a gazillion other students some which may be mean to Andrew. Thinking about it now makes me want to cry but I also know that he'll grow each year and become stronger and more independent and in the end, that's what I want as a parent. The sad fact of life is that he's going to have to get pushed around or called a name or two in order to really understand life and how to deal with the not-so-good experiences we all have to face one time or another.

And some of these pictures are of Andrew and Tomas, his best friend from school. Those two are a riot watching them converse (Tomas is from Columbia and although he knows English, it's a little broken at times) and laugh at each other's jokes. I'm glad he's learning what good friendship is. So here's to my little graduate...I love you Andrew!

4 comments:

Tim said...

Congratulations Andrew!! Way to go! We know that you will always accomplish your goals and live your dreams. Your a wonderful caring, and kind person and we are so proud of you!

Missed you this year in T-Ball.

Reeses Pieces said...

Holy Cow, Lisa Etherton-the most beautiful babe at Utah State and my "big Sis." I'm so glad you checked our blog out. I have to admit, I looked at yours the other day but I thought if I left a comment you may think I was a stalker. So thanks for doing it first. :) You too look the exact same. There are so many times where Dave and I have wondered what happened to all of our Utah State friends. Of course Dave more so than me. He was at Utah State for FOREVER. Like a 5 year senior! I wasn't there for long, but those are definitely some of my favorite memories. Dave's brothers are in Houston. We may come out in September. We would love to get together. I'll definitely be checking in to your blog. What a beautiful family you have. It was so nice to hear from you. Dave says hi and tell your hubby hi from him too. Keep in touch!

Nicole Rees

Karen and Maui said...

Lisa,

How could a kid that cool be pushed around or called a name or two? I don't think you have anything to worry about. Andrew is going to go far in life....just look at his parents! You and Matt are such great examples for him to look up to. You're both hard working, independent and successful! He will have an easy time making new friends, because you and Matt have taught him the importance of being a good friend through example.
Thanks for the phone call the other day. It came at a good time. I sure miss you and hope we can get together in July!
We love you!

Angie said...

The last day of Austin's preschool I was a mess. You are not the only one! It's so bittersweet. Real school for our little munchkins is just so daunting to think about!