CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Matt's project



So we've (Matt would say, do you have a frog in your pocket?) been talking about building a sandbox for the kids for some time now. One minute it sounds like a good idea, the next minute we've completely forgotten about it or feel it would be too time consuming/laborous. On the side of our house, where the yard gets a lot of shade, the landscapers put all these little rocks instead of grass and vegetation and it's a perfect spot for the kids to play. They have a ball playing with the rocks, scooping them into buckets and dump trucks. However, the rocks end up in the grass making it hard to mow . So anyway, last weekend Matt informs me that he's heading to Home Depot and the kids and him are building a sandbox (a neighbor had offered us several loads of leftover sand the night before). So sure enough, I left for a couple hours and I came home to our newest toy! It's great and the kids will spend an hour or so just playing away in the sand. The only problem I'm running into is that it's a pain in the butt to clean up and keep them out of the house until I've hosed them down. I've got sand just about everywhere and I find that I have to vacuum every night so not to ruin our floors. But, oh well!

2 comments:

Tim said...

I built Taylor and Will a sandbox earlier this year and they love it too. If Taylor could spend all day out there in it she would. You might want to think about putting some lattice or something over it when not in use so you can keep the neighborhood cats from doing their business in it. YUK!!

Lindsay Heitz said...

What a good dad! I'm sure the kids are really going to enjoy themselves out there.