CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I've been tagged!

So under the comments section of my last post, my friend Kijuana tagged me and asked me to list 10 things people don't know about me. This one is tough, given that I really don't hold back anything about myself, my family, friends, relationship, etc. In fact, I find that perhaps I tend to say a little TOO much. But, at least you don't have to guess what I'm feeling, where I'm from, my past, or anything else for that matter.

1. I swam competitively growing up and in high school and have some trophies/metals to show for it...as well as some monumental pics of me in a swim cap and tight speedo. YIKES! (This one is quite funny because Andrew just barely found out I used to swim on a team. My father-in-law asked him if he's seen my trophies yet. Andrew was amazed, "My mom has trophies? WOW!" So last weekend, while cleaning out some boxes, we came across them. He decided to put some in his room along side his t-ball and soccer trophies. Too funny!

2. I went to college to study veterinary science. However, after my first 2 years of average grades and going up against kids who lived on farms and ranches their whole lives, I realized I was not going to get the grades possible to get into vet. school. I wanted to study, but I also wanted to have a great time.

3. I hate to shop. Unless I have a trip or special occasion planned. Otherwise, I do it for the necessities.

4. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, although I've gotten better.

5. I gave birth to Grace in a jacuzzi tub in a birth center.

6. I love to bake and I think it would be fun to make and decorate cakes for a living.


7. Sometimes I care way too much about what people think of me.

8. I've lived in 6 places: Owatonna, MN; Prairie Village, KS; Austin, TX; Ogden, UT; Logan, UT; Houston, TX.

9. I think my biggest fear is losing a loved one.

10. I like to fish and camp (yes in a tent).

A few pics of the kids:

Houston Rodeo:








Grace's first time ordering from the ice cream man. She got some kind of Dora the Explorer ice thing. After being charged $2/item (Andrew got a spider man one), Matt suggested I become an ice cream driver myself. Just look at that truck. Disgusting. God only knows what his freezer/coolers looked like inside. I don't even want to think about it.














4 comments:

Angie said...

Go SPEEDO lady! I love it that you let your kids do the old fashioned things. I want to be more like that myself!

Kijuana said...

Can you PLEASE drive an ice cream truck?! How crazy/funny would that be? At least the moms around town could rest easy knowing that the inside was perfectly clean! :)

matt said...

I was just googling my own name and I happened to find your blog. Interesting how two families can have the same name. Mine name is Matt, and my wife's name is Lisa. We live in MN.

Kristin Allen said...

I love this post. I wouldn't have known about the vet school, or the speedo fashion history. That's great. I could never quite pull off the speedo look. Same with those volleyball shorts - couldn't pull that off either. I played soccer- nice and baggy shorts..