CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Recipe Tag

Recipes, Recipes where do I begin? I LOVE recipes. I may not try all of them but I could sit and look at a cookbook for hours. Just imagining in my hungry, food loving little mind how every item would taste. BUT, here are a few of my favorite, EASY recipes:

Chicken tacos:

Put 2-3 frozen chicken breasts (depends on how many are eating, however leftover chicken is great on salads) in a crock pot. Cover with a small can of diced green chilies, petite diced tomatoes, and 1 packet of taco seasoning. Add some water to cover the bottom of the pot. Put on low for 8 hours, high for 4-5. Then, put in soft or hard taco shells with all the fixings. So easy!

Grilled Mozzarella, tomato, basil sandwich:

Take 2 slices sourdough bread, spread pesto on one slice. Fill the sandwich with sliced, FRESH mozzarella, fresh basil leaves, tomato ( I sprinkle with salt and pepper) and then grill with butter like a grilled cheese. I grill on very low heat and I cover the frying pan with another frying pan to trap the heat inside and melt the cheese to perfection. OOOOOHHHHH yummy. You can also dip your sandwich in marinara if you'd like.

2 comments:

Karen and Maui said...

YUMMMM, Lisa! I can't wait to try your recipes! They sound delicious. Thanks for the ideas on conservation....another tip is to do laundry early in the morning or at night, instead of the middle of the day!

Lindsay Heitz said...

I'm all about easy crock pot meals. I'll be trying the taco's this week.